Civil and Commercial Litigation
Aviation Legal Group civil and commercial litigation teams are at home in federal and state courtrooms, while recognizing the benefit of imaginative, cost-effective resolution techniques in the early stages of a lawsuit, where appropriate.
Aviation Legal Group attorneys and bilingual (English-Spanish) paralegal staff are active in the areas of insurance coverage, lien enforcement and resolution, contractual disputes, debt collection, repossession (international and domestic), guaranty enforcement, civil forfeiture and, in select cases, personal injury defense and prosecution.
Our aviation attorneys have extensive litigation experience and are members of The Florida Bar, Ohio Bar, District of Columbia (Washington, D.C.) Bar, Federal District Courts, and State and Federal Courts of Appeal.
We have successfully represented parties to appeals in state, federal and administrative forums. Some of our more significant case decisions include:
- I Fly South, Inc. v. Raytheon Aircraft Company, 886 So.2d 237 (Fla. 4th DCA 2004)
- Bernard Schoninger Shopping Centers Ltd. v. JPS Elastomerics Corp., 102 F.3d 1173 (11th Cir. 1997)
- McInnis v. Ramasami, 692 So.2d 300 (Fla. 4th DCA 1997)
- Knealing v. Puleo, 675 So.2d 593 (Fla. 1996)
- Leblanc v. State Farm Mutual Auto Ins. Co. 616 So.2d 621 (Fla. 4th DCA 1993)
Airmen must be especially careful not to place their careers in jeopardy through criminal infractions, administrative violations and plea agreements. If you have been ticketed for driving with suspended license, or arrested for driving or boating under the influence of an intoxicant, contact us immediately so that our aviation attorneys can inform you of the need, if applicable, to report the motor vehicle action to the FAA Aeromedical Certification Division.